10 year bar waiver

Hawthorne, CA |

When applying for the 10 year waiver, would that allows me to waive the 10 year bar penalty and/or ONLY grants me permission to reapply for reentry into US for an Immigrant Visa?

In other words, what purpose the waiver serves for the 10 year bar. Case in point, my mother-in-law has 10 year bar on her, in which 9 years passed by already. Do I have to wait for the 10 years to be over THEN apply for waiver? Or I can apply now? Please clarify. Thanks.

1. Yes, generally speaking, you have to wait ten years to apply. But I have a lot of questions as to why you believe she is subject to the 10-year bar and how she found herself in this situation.

--

LORIC, Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933
    Email: rcanido@loric.net.in
    www.loric.net.in

2. You need an attorney. bars are complicated and dealing with this issue is very tough on your own. Look, you are already confused and you have not even started yet.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. That is correct unless she is under the permanent bar.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.