1 year ago my boyfriend asked me to quit my job and move to Texas to take care of him and his daughter.

His daughter is now back with her mom so 1 year after i quit my job and move to Texas he is now telling me that he feels like being by himself. Is there some grounds that I can sue him on?

Houston, TX -

Fran Brochstein

Fran Brochstein

Child Custody Lawyer - Houston, TX

None that I can think of. I assume that you did not have a common law marriage.

But he can't make you move out of the home that you are currently living in - only a judge can evict you. So if you have no where to go he will need to go to court and have a judge evict you.

If you are uncertain call your local policing agencies - police, sheriff or constable and ask them for their policy regarding this matter. If your driver's license has his address then it's your home. If you have any proof that you live there, then it's your current residence and they should not remove you without a judge's order.

Jacqueline R. Kriebel

Jacqueline R. Kriebel

Child Custody Lawyer - San Antonio, TX

He has to evict you but otherwise these are the risks we take when in love.

Vicki Elaine Wiley

Vicki Elaine Wiley

Family Law Attorney - Fort Worth, TX

I agree with the other attorneys. Aside from waiting to e evicted, I'm sorry, but there are no laws protecting you from your own choices for love.