1 year ago my boyfriend asked me to quit my job and move to Texas to take care of him and his daughter.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

His daughter is now back with her mom so 1 year after i quit my job and move to Texas he is now telling me that he feels like being by himself. Is there some grounds that I can sue him on?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Fran Brochstein

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . None that I can think of. I assume that you did not have a common law marriage.

    But he can't make you move out of the home that you are currently living in - only a judge can evict you. So if you have no where to go he will need to go to court and have a judge evict you.

    If you are uncertain call your local policing agencies - police, sheriff or constable and ask them for their policy regarding this matter. If your driver's license has his address then it's your home. If you have any proof that you live there, then it's your current residence and they should not remove you without a judge's order.

    Attorney Brochstein is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal... more
  2. Jacqueline R. Kriebel


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . He has to evict you but otherwise these are the risks we take when in love.

  3. Vicki Elaine Wiley

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. Aside from waiting to e evicted, I'm sorry, but there are no laws protecting you from your own choices for love.

    This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person... more

Related Topics

Child support

Child support is a payment made from one parent to another parent (usually from non-custodial to custodial), to help ensure the child's financial needs are met.

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,661 answers this week

3,504 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,661 answers this week

3,504 attorneys answering