1-Will i go jail ? 2-how much do i have to pay for them ? 3-what they will do for me ?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

Hi, i got ticket driving without diver license in SF before 2 weeks ago and then the police towed my car but i bring it and i paid the fees for the car its about 195$ and i paid for Auto return 509$ But i still have the court on 6/11/13 . i decided to get driver license will i'm able to take it ?
If i paid do i will go to the jail even ? and how much will cost the lawyer for this ?
Also i got about 6 parking ticket do they will ask me about it ?

Additional information

while they towed my car the police wrote i dont have Insurance .
If i go to criminal school will it clear out of my record ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. John M. Kaman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is no criminal school. If by that you mean traffic school neither driving on a suspended nor parking tickets qualify you for this solution. For the driving on a suspended you need a lawyer as this carries a short but mandatory jail term.

  2. Vijay Dinakar


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hire an attorney to help you handle all of these issues. The attorney can help dismiss or reduce charges and eliminate or reduce fines. Good luck

  3. James Robert Fox


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . At least in San Diego, if you can come to court with your valid license, and this is your first offense, they will usually reduce the charge to a VC12500 - driving on an invalid license.

    I would get your license BEFORE you get to court....every jurisdiction is different, but it would not hurt to have remedied the situation now.

    Attorney James R. Fox If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Dennis James Dressler

How much do I tell my lawyer?

Start by telling your lawyer what you are charged with and when you are due to appear in court. From that point on I suggest that you let your lawyer ask you questions and you answer those... more

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,001 answers this week

2,685 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,001 answers this week

2,685 attorneys answering