1.I am on H1B Visa and sixyears will be completed on 15th Sept 2013.(After recapturing all the Out of the USA stay)

Asked almost 2 years ago - Santa Clara, CA

2.I have a valid 1-94 Till 31st July 2013.
3.Labour Certification (Perm) filed on 12th Sept 2012 and got an Audit on Nov 2012 and Auditor/Lawyer Replied with in three weeks to DOL, its an Normal Audit info about recruitment process and Remote job Location and Local Talent availability and applicaions.
4.Can I apply H1B extension for the remaining 45 Days of H1b.
5.Can I apply for 45 Days + One Year H1b extension considering My Labour (Pending) was filed on 12 Sept 2012 well Before 365 Days as I have H1B eligibility till 15 Sept 2013.
6.Or Is there any rule should I apply for H1B extension only after Perm Pending with DOL completes an year.
Like should I apply only on or after 12Th Sept 2013 if that is the case I will only have 2 days to apply H1 Bextension before 15th sept 2013.
Help Pls

1. Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

1

Best Answer

Answered . Generally, a petitioner can request a 7th year extension (plus any additional time remaining in the initial 6 years) of H-1B status based on Labor Certification/I-140 which remains pending for 365 days or more. To do so, a petitioner must establish that the above criteria were or will be met either on or before the requested start date on the H-1B extension application. To answer your question, you don't have to wait until September 12, 2013 to file for H-1B extension.

Rajesh Prasad
    Attorney at Law
    Parikh and Prasad Law Group
    5861 Pine Avenue, Suite B
    Chino Hills, CA 91709
    (909)248-3212

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Your employer can.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . H-1B extension petitions can be filed six months in advance. However your employer will have to time it to file after the 365 days of wait for PERM.