1 counts of moving violation causing death. what is the max sentensing in michigan if a person is charged with the above crime

Asked over 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

crossed red light and t-boned other car killing the other driver.

1. Michael Ryan Juarez

10

Answered . This question belongs under criminal defense. Reclassified.

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

10

Answered . Here's my concern: You (if you were the driver whose conduct you're describing) or someone else is facing very very serious charges. Collecting information on the Internet (even a fine site like this) makes absolutely no sense to me. Consulting with qualified criminal defense counsel in private is essential. I don't get it; it's the middle of a weekday--hire counsel NOW.

Pro

9

Answered . Vehicular homicide charges vary by state, but it depends on the circumstances, such as whether alcohol was involved, etc. Retain a local criminal lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. D. Chipman Venie

7

Answered . 257.601d. It appears that the maximum sentence is 364 days as it is a misdemeanor. As long as no drugs or alcohol or recklessness was involved, that appears to be the maximum sentence.

Chip Venie, 505 766 9000, chipesq@hotmail.com, anothernotguilty.com

5. Sean Michael Patrick

8

Answered . The exact penalties for a conviction of vehicular homicide will depend upon the circumstances of each individual accident. In the state of Michigan vehicular homicide is punishable by up to 20 years in prison and an assessed fine ranging from $10,000 to $20,000.

6. Patricia A. Reiser

2

Answered . Were you arraigned on any charge? Part of the purpose of an arraignment is to tell you what you are charged with, and what the maximum possible penalty is. There are a couple of possible different charges (Negligent Homicide being one) that I can think of. It depends on the circumstances (were alcohol/drugs involved, was your license valid at the time, etc.). You need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney now. It will be expensive, but this kind of charge can have many ramifications on your life. Make it a priority. Best wishes to you.