1.CAN A MEDICAL FACILITY PREVENT YOU FROM VISITING A FAMILY MEMBER? CAN THEY BE SUED FOR HER GETTING A BEDSORE?

Tampa, FL |

SHE DEVELOPED A SACRAL PRESSURE ULCER AT THE FACILITY.
I WAS FALSELY ACCUSED OF HITTING A NURSE AND MAKING THREATS. POLICE ESCORTED ME OFF THE PROPERTY. CLINICAL DIRECTOR SAID IF I RETURNED THEY WILL HAVE ME ARRESTED FOR TRESPASSING. A STAFF MEMBER WAS A WITNESS ON MY BEHALF AND SO I WAS NOT ARRESTED.
CAN THEY LEGALLY KEEP ME FROM SEEING MY MOTHER?

THERE WAS NO POLICE REPORT FILED. I WAS NOT CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. I WAS NOT ARRESTED. THERE WAS NO COURT DATE. I AM HER PRIMARY HEALTH CARE PROVIDER AND HEALTH CARE SURROGATE. MY BROTHER IS THE SECOND HEALTH CARE SURROGATE BUT HE HAS NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IS GOING ON NOR ANY MEDICAL EXPERIENCE AS MYSELF.

1. It sounds like you have a potential case relating to your Mother's pressure sore that developed at the facility.

As for your visitation, I'd have to know more about the facts. Was a police report filed? Did the matter go to court? Did you plead guilty or no contest to any battery charges? Does your mother have any other family member that can visit her and make sure she is OK?

I am a Florida lawyer that regularly handles nursing home abuse cases. Please contact me to discuss your options. Thanks.

Michael
    mjb@acallforjustice.com
    561-630-5363

Nothing in this answer is to be interpreted as legal advice. I would need more facts to fully assess your case.

2. Based on on the limited info provided, you may. Seek an attorney's assistance ASAP. Mr. Brevda is an excellent choice.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

3. The fact the facility is retaliating against an advocate is the rule rather than the exception. When people complain the NH charts it as disruptive and then after a few events call police, they sometimes also work to get Guardianships in place to deal with difficult representatives with POAs. I recommend you speak with a qualified attorney such as Mr. Breva in you area

Good luck

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

4. Retain a local nursing home abuse lawyer to investigate a claim against the nursing home for the pressure ulcers.

5. Because of the area in which the decubitus ulcer (or bedsore, as they are commonly known) developed, the unfortunate reality is the greater likelihood by far is that negligence on the part of the staff, and negligence alone, resulted in the development and subsequent worsening of this almost always preventable, but unfortunately terribly frequently seen, wound. Furthermore, having brought literally hundreds of claims against long-term care facilities, as well as same lack

We are pleased to offer a free thirty (30) minute initial telephone consultation (simply dial {305} 972-5720), or, if you prefer, a free thirty (30) minute initial office consultation. Neither this offer of a free initial consultation, nor the mere fact that the initial consultation may have ultimately been conducted, whether telephonically or at our office location, should be construed; assumed; interpreted; or understood by any individual who was granted a free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort whatsoever was tendered, to have formed or created an attorney-client relationship, or to have created any obligations owed by the attorney or attorney's firm to any individual who was given a free initial consultation, by the mere undertaking of the free initial consultation for which no consideration of any sort was tendered to attorney or attorney's firm. The formation of an attorney-client relationship occurs through the process of negotiation between the prospective parties, the individual seeking legal representation, and the attorney, acting individually, or as an agent of a firm (the capacity in which the attorney is acting shall be disclosed to prospective client, if negotiations for legal representation in exchange for good and valuable consideration are undertaken by the prospective client and the attorney. If agreement is reached by and between the parties for legal representation after the mutually satisfactory negotiation of the agreement for legal representation, and all of its individual terms; the scope of representation to be provided by the attorney to the prospective client has been delineated to the mutual satisfaction of the parties; the manner of payment of good and valuable consideration by the prospective client to the attorney has been determined; and it has been conceded by the parties that all of those factors upon which agreement had been reached by the parties and which were recited herein, had been agreed upon by the parties only after careful consideration and sufficient review of the document styled Agreement for Legal Representation, and after it has likewise been conceded by the parties that each respectively had been presented with the opportunity to have the document reviewed independently by each respective party's personal attorney, or any other attorney of his or her chooosing. If the Agreement for Legal Representation contains terms regarding contingency fee agreement or agreements for payment to the attorney for all or a portion of his or her services and legal representation on behalf of the Client, Client concedes that he or she has been presented with an additional document entitled "Statement of Client's Rights", which is a document created by the Florida Bar and approved for use in matters in which payment in full or part, is tendered by contingency fee agreement. Please note that any commentary or response offered through this site is based on the limited set of facts and background data supplied by the individual framing the question and would in all likelihood require more investigation before a complete response could properly be framed to thoroughly answer the question posed. No attorney-client relationship is, or should be presumed to be, formed through the comments or responses provided to the individual posing the question, as a courtesy, here, through this forum, nor should any other duties or obligations be construed; assumed; or otherwise be inferred to exist and/or owed to the individual who posed the question by the attorney who provided the best guidance possible to said individual under the circumstances presented as they were, including the unreasonable assumption that a full and thorough legal analysis of an individual's situation could be formulated simply based on the minute portion of the entirety of the facts and circumstances surrounding any legal matter, which could in no manner possibly be presented here in such a form which would allow for a thorough analysis, evaluation, or legal opinion to be formed by the Attorney.