1.CAN A MEDICAL FACILITY PREVENT YOU FROM VISITING A FAMILY MEMBER? CAN THEY BE SUED FOR HER GETTING A BEDSORE?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

SHE DEVELOPED A SACRAL PRESSURE ULCER AT THE FACILITY.
I WAS FALSELY ACCUSED OF HITTING A NURSE AND MAKING THREATS. POLICE ESCORTED ME OFF THE PROPERTY. CLINICAL DIRECTOR SAID IF I RETURNED THEY WILL HAVE ME ARRESTED FOR TRESPASSING. A STAFF MEMBER WAS A WITNESS ON MY BEHALF AND SO I WAS NOT ARRESTED.
CAN THEY LEGALLY KEEP ME FROM SEEING MY MOTHER?

THERE WAS NO POLICE REPORT FILED. I WAS NOT CHARGED WITH ANYTHING. I WAS NOT ARRESTED. THERE WAS NO COURT DATE. I AM HER PRIMARY HEALTH CARE PROVIDER AND HEALTH CARE SURROGATE. MY BROTHER IS THE SECOND HEALTH CARE SURROGATE BUT HE HAS NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IS GOING ON NOR ANY MEDICAL EXPERIENCE AS MYSELF.

1. Michael Brevda

8

1

Answered . It sounds like you have a potential case relating to your Mother's pressure sore that developed at the facility.

As for your visitation, I'd have to know more about the facts. Was a police report filed? Did the matter go to court? Did you plead guilty or no contest to any battery charges? Does your mother have any other family member that can visit her and make sure she is OK?

I am a Florida lawyer that regularly handles nursing home abuse cases. Please contact me to discuss your options. Thanks.

Michael
    mjb@acallforjustice.com
    561-630-5363

Nothing in this answer is to be interpreted as legal advice. I would need more facts to fully assess your case.
  2. Matthew C Simon

Pro

7

Answered . Based on on the limited info provided, you may. Seek an attorney's assistance ASAP. Mr. Brevda is an excellent choice.

3. Kenneth Lee LaBore

Pro

7

Answered . The fact the facility is retaliating against an advocate is the rule rather than the exception. When people complain the NH charts it as disruptive and then after a few events call police, they sometimes also work to get Guardianships in place to deal with difficult representatives with POAs. I recommend you speak with a qualified attorney such as Mr. Breva in you area

Good luck

Pro

6

Answered . Retain a local nursing home abuse lawyer to investigate a claim against the nursing home for the pressure ulcers.

5. David Bradley Dohner

2

Answered . Because of the area in which the decubitus ulcer (or bedsore, as they are commonly known) developed, the unfortunate reality is the greater likelihood by far is that negligence on the part of the staff, and negligence alone, resulted in the development and subsequent worsening of this almost always preventable, but unfortunately terribly frequently seen, wound. Furthermore, having brought literally hundreds of claims against long-term care facilities, as well as same lack