1. L1 B to H1 ( unused ) to L1A - Cap exempt ? 2.Validity ? L2 to GC?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Troy, MI

1. I was in USA from 2005 thru 2010 on L1 B visa when my extenstion was denied ( had spent 4.2 years in USA ) . I went back to India in Sept 2010 . I applied for new H1B under CAP quota that year in 2010. I got it approved in Feb 2011 but did not get it stamped .( was valid until apr 2012 ) . I applied for new l1A in march 2012 ( spent 1 year outside US ) and got it approved until March 2015 . travelled to US on L1 A in April 2012 . Now my question is if I want to change my remployer , Can I use my unused H1 under cap exempt ? If yes , will the new employes be able to claim all 6 years on h1 or just 1.5 years ( as the initial validity - it added only 1.5 years because I had not spent 1 year outside US when h1 was applied )

2.Can an employer file GC for a person on L2 ( EAD

1. Mani Khavajian

Answered . Contact and consult with an immigration attorney. Your question cannot be properly answered in this forum.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.
  2. Daniel P. Hilf

Answered . Sufen Hilf is an experienced employment based lawyer, who is located in the same city that your question is posed from (Troy, Michigan). You can contact her at (248) 792-2590, or visit her website at the link provided below.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . I must first point out that it is difficult for anyone to give you case-specific information on an internet blog. For the best advice, you need to have a consultation with a lawyer that can review your paperwork.

1. Yes, maybe.
    2. Yes.

franco@capriotti.com

4. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Speak with an immigration attorney.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.