1. How can you find out how much the land is worth before selling it so that you aren't tricked into selling it for less?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

We have property and land in South Carolina, but are unable to travel back and forth between there and New York. We have given a relative power of attorney because he is a real estate agent and lives close. Currently, there are some who wish to buy the land in order to build condominiums.

1. Joshua Richmond Lippes

8

Answered . Have a real estate appraisal performed. This would be the best way to find out the value of your property.

2. Peter J Weinman

Pro

7

Answered . I agree with the others, but want to suggest that it if you have given Power of Attorney to someone in whom you do not have the utmost trust and confidence, you ought to consider revoking that power.

The fact that you worry about being tricked by him concerns me.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . Get an appraisal and ask the agent for comparible sales.

4. J Charles Ferrari

7

Answered . By having it appraised.