1. For L1-B visa, if the visa is applied one week before expiry, will it be a problem of the receipt reaches me after expiry?

East Brunswick, NJ |

On L1-B Visa.

No, because you will be in a stay authorized by the Secretary until a decision is made on the application. You will not be able to return to the US after international travel until you have a new visa stamp, so traveling internationally at this point is not advisable.

2. I agree with my colleague ... this will be a problem.

Talk to the L company's immigration attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

3. No

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. you receive an automatic extension of 240 days beyond your previously authorized stay as long as the extension was filed timely and had a sound legal basis.

5. Your visa will need to be valid once you are going to enter.