1/ Can i keep my premarital savings + inheritance of money and real estate during the marriage without a prenuptial agreement?

New York, NY |

2/ I s it also possible to keep the appreciation in value of property , inherited real estate and inherited money which i invest in stocks all separate without a prenuptial agreement? AND

3/ Can i keep the appreciation of premarital money separate if its in stocks? or savings accounts? without a prenuptial agreement?

1. 1 Yes.
    2 No.
    3 No.

2. 1. Inheritances are separate property unless the cash is commingled with marital assets, and even then under some circumstances it can be protected. Real estate is almost always protected, though under some circumstances the increase in value in the real estate during the marriage can be a marital asset.
    2. Yes. Just don't commingle with marital assets.
    3. As above. Don't commingle and it remains separate.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

3. You have asked this question previously on this forum - please refer to my prior answers to these questions.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

Prenuptial agreement topics