1. Should I surrender the Juicer that exploded to the manufacturer? 2. What am I entitled to?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Ocala, FL

My wife and I's recently purchased Juicer exploded during normal use the other day . I had a large chunk of plastic hit my arm and cut it , a small cut on my finger and a small piece of the plastic stuck in the corner of my eye . I got the plastic out of my eye at home but I went to urgent care to make sure there wasn't another shard still stuck . They didn't find any other pieces . They gave me an eye test and my vision was blurry in that eye ( left ) . They gave me a prescription for eye drops to help with the pain and told me to go to the optometrist if my vision hasn't cleared up in a day or two . The company wants to inspect the juicer right away . I realize that they have a right to inspect their product but I am a concerned that they may try to blow the whole thing off .

1. Karen Tallent Munzer

Pro

6

Answered . Consult with a personal injury attorney before surrendering the juicer to the product manufacturer. Most P I attorneys have free consults and the fees are contingent on if you receive any money,. There is no upfront fees. Do not talk to the manufacturer withou an attorney present. Iam sorry about your injuries.

2. Daniel C. Elkins

5

Answered . My apologies for hearing about your exploding juicer and resulting injuries. Until you have spoken to a personal injury attorney, DO NOT: (A) hand anything over to the juicer company; (B) give any statements to the juicer company.

3. John Michael Phillips

Pro

5

Answered . Keep it. And hire a lawyer to preserve your rights. It is a good case. There are three aspects to every case- liability (which means "fault" which is fairly clear), causation (which means you suffered new or worsened injuries) and damages which range from medical bills to the inconvenience caused. We are happy to help.

I am rated one of the top trial lawyers in Florida. Feel free to check out our website- www.knowthelawyer.com. Our number is 800-6-know-law and I can be emailed at jmp@knowthelawyer.com and will talk to you this weekend. Either way, good luck. Insurance carriers and manufacturers are making it tougher each day and victimizing victims more and more.

4. Heather Morcroft

4

Answered . Go see a personal injury attorney before you do anything else.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  5. David B Pittman

Pro

4

Answered . Hire a personal injury and keep the juicer and all the parts that broke off as evidence. Good luck!!

6. Scott Michael McPherson

Pro

3

Answered . No, do NOT send the juicer to the manufacturer! There is no legal requirement that you do that, nor do you want to lose control over the key piece of evidence in the case. I have litigated defective product cases in state and federal court, including a case somewhat similar to yours in which a client suffered an eye injury as a result of a defective product. Product liability litigation is amongst the most complex and expensive in personal injury law. When I have a client that has been injured by a defective product, I take possession of that product from the client, and it goes into my evidence storage. It does NOT go to the manufacturer. If a lawsuit is filed, then the manufacturer will be entitled under the rules to inspect the product and/or have it's expert inspect the product. The inspection will be done on mutually agreeable terms that do not destroy the product. If the parties cannot agree on the procedure for the inspection/testing/analysis, or if the defendant (or plaintiff) needs to do a destruct test and the opposition opposes it, then a hearing will take place in which the Court issues an order outlining the inspection and/or testing procedure.

On my website I have an entire page dedicated to product liability claims that you may find interesting in light of this incident.

7. Kevin Coluccio

2

Answered . Sorry to hear of your problem. Consult with a product liability attorney. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab.