,what is the diffrence between legal gurdianship and temporary custody

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Im trying to give temporary custody to a family member till i get back on my feet.

1. Michael John Harrington

1

Answered . Guardianship is a form of custody of a child awarded to non parents, by either the probate court or the juvenile court (sometimes a family court)temporary custody is an order made pending trial.

2. Diamond B Tran

Answered . I assume that the Juvenile Court is not involved since you sound like you are interested in voluntarily giving custody to a relative. This could be done by filing a Probate Court Guardianship Petition. However, you should speak to an attorney first to understand whether this is best for your child or whether an alternative such as a Caregivers Affidavit Authorization may be appropriate.