'Unlicensed Operator' (5091) & Speeding (1180D).

Asked 10 months ago - Newark, NY

I live in NY. I have never been in trouble before. So, i am pretty much terrified of going to court because i could potentially do up to 30 days in jail. I am a single mother. That is not an option. I have had a valid permit for years and I am trying my best to get my license before my court date. I am curious as to possible/usual outcomes for this type of situation, And if i should hire a lawyer.... Thank you for your time.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Best Answer

Answered . Unless you were doing 100 miles per hour you are not going to jail. Retain a local traffic court lawyer for the best outcome.

2. Yefim Rubinov

Answered . Definitely get a lawyer to get the best results whether fighting it or negotiating it.

3. Marco Caviglia

Pro

Answered . You should invest in an attorney to avoid a conviction, which may affect your licensing.