'Unlicensed Operator' (5091) & Speeding (1180D).

Asked about 1 year ago - Newark, NY

I live in NY. I have never been in trouble before. So, i am pretty much terrified of going to court because i could potentially do up to 30 days in jail. I am a single mother. That is not an option. I have had a valid permit for years and I am trying my best to get my license before my court date. I am curious as to possible/usual outcomes for this type of situation, And if i should hire a lawyer.... Thank you for your time.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Unless you were doing 100 miles per hour you are not going to jail. Retain a local traffic court lawyer for the best outcome.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was... more
  2. Yefim Rubinov

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Definitely get a lawyer to get the best results whether fighting it or negotiating it.

  3. Marco Caviglia

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You should invest in an attorney to avoid a conviction, which may affect your licensing.

    If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,552 answers this week

3,475 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,552 answers this week

3,475 attorneys answering