'Three strike law' in Florida

Asked almost 3 years ago - Naples, FL

Hello,
I would like to know if is anything that I can do in order to save my wife.
My wife is 36 and she has been arrested/ convicted for traffic/possession in 1995 and 1997 over 16 years ago .
She is currently in jail with a 3-th degree felony charge -cocaine possession- and paraphernalia.
This is her third drug related arrest, and if she is going to get convicted she may fell under the 'three strike law' .
I would like to know if the law applies in her case - the law has been adopted in Florida in 1996 and her first felony charge was in 1995 ..I would like to know if the Court would consider that charge or they will start counting charges only after 1996.
Also, my wife has been sentienced in Arizona for one of the charges. Arizona adopted the 'three strike law in 2006.
Thank you

1. Anthony Salvatore Arena

Answered . Your wife is likely going to be ok in Florida. Her prior convictions will count against her for sentencing purposes, However, given that she is facing only a third degree felony drug charge, she has a good chance to be sentenced to drug offender probation. You should hire a criminal defense lawyer to assist her.