(state of KY ) What can I expect. Jail or Probation/Both or less or more strict sentencing?

I am a First time offender. I have never had any previous Arrests or Warrants on my background and I have been in good standing with the community since, well, I can remember. Myself and a ex-coworker were being accused and recently indicted by the local Grand Jury in which they are stating that we stole $2,037.84 and $2,121.39 respectively from the Cash register. They are saying that the time span is between July 1st, 2011 - August 10th, 2011 ( Date of Termination ). Neither had been arrested on spot but were called in to the Local PD to give our side and have since learned of our indictment through the local newspaper. What can we expect, being First time Offenders. Probation, Jail, Community service, Deferred programs, etc... I am waiting for the local CD Lawyers to call back.

Paintsville, KY -

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

Criminal Defense Attorney - Louisville, KY

You need to hire an criminal defense attorney as soon as possible! If you are already indicted, the felony charge(s) will appear on the indictment. Sounds like a possible charge of Theft By Unlawful Taking or Disposition over $300.00. KRS 514.030. This is a Class D Felony and carries up to a maximum of 5 years in the pen. A felony fine may be imposed and court costs as well. Restitution could also be ordered. This is a serious matter. If you can not afford private counsel, contact your local DPA office to seek info on how to get a public defender appointed to represent you.

Sponsored Listing

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.