(state of KY ) What can I expect. Jail or Probation/Both or less or more strict sentencing?

Paintsville, KY |

I am a First time offender. I have never had any previous Arrests or Warrants on my background and I have been in good standing with the community since, well, I can remember.

Myself and a ex-coworker were being accused and recently indicted by the local Grand Jury in which they are stating that we stole $2,037.84 and $2,121.39 respectively from the Cash register. They are saying that the time span is between July 1st, 2011 - August 10th, 2011 ( Date of Termination ).

Neither had been arrested on spot but were called in to the Local PD to give our side and have since learned of our indictment through the local newspaper.

What can we expect, being First time Offenders. Probation, Jail, Community service, Deferred programs, etc... I am waiting for the local CD Lawyers to call back.

You need to hire an criminal defense attorney as soon as possible! If you are already indicted, the felony charge(s) will appear on the indictment. Sounds like a possible charge of Theft By Unlawful Taking or Disposition over $300.00. KRS 514.030. This is a Class D Felony and carries up to a maximum of 5 years in the pen. A felony fine may be imposed and court costs as well. Restitution could also be ordered. This is a serious matter. If you can not afford private counsel, contact your local DPA office to seek info on how to get a public defender appointed to represent you.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Ok, I have more info reguarding the situtation. My cousin works for a local law firm ( Just remember, after she called me ) and her dad works at the court House. They found out that there is an "Indictment Warrant" on me and I will have to appear in court. She gave me a link to the local justice division so I can look at the Docket List. I found that My date is on October 24th, 2011 @ 8am. What am I to do between now and then? Will they come to arrest or will they mail/serve summons to appear at that date. I had also read they have 7 days prior to scheduled appearance to be served/issues the summons. Hopefully, with this information, it will give me MORE time to find a lawyer who is willing to hear my case and work with me on payment scheduling if he decides to take me on. Any advice/info you have would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks for your time!