"Should I get a lawyer?"

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

I was in a car accident that was my fault, my car was totaled but the other person's car only received 900 dollars of damage. At the time the person seemed fine and drove away, it's been more than a month now since the accident and the person is now claiming whiplash injuries. My auto insurance covers up to 15,000 in bodily injuries for each person, should I get a lawyer just in case the person is seeking more than 15k? She was the only driver in the car and as was I on mine. The initial impact was 20mph.

1. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

11

Answered . Your carrier will provide counsel.

2. Sean Michael Patrick

9

Answered . No. You should let your insurance handle it. Often times the injured party will settle for 'policy limits' releasing you from any excess liability. Unless you have significant assets, you likely will be fine. Wait until the settlement is close to reevaluate. Now might be a great time to re-evaluate your insurance coverage. Best of luck.

3. Adrienne Patricia Allen

9

Answered . If your auto insurance carrier doesn't know about this yet, you may want to report it to them to be sure you will be covered. The insurance company will handle it and if it doesn't settle, they will provide you with an attorney to defend you. Good luck!

4. Steven Mark Sweat

6

Answered . You should report the accident to your insurance carrier if you haven't done so already. If you are sued, the insurance company will assign you an attorney.

5. Kevin Coluccio

7

Answered . Your insurance company will handle the matter, however, if the injured party claims damages over your limits, you should, indeed, consult with a private attorney to make sure your interests are properly protected.

Pro

5

Answered . Your insurance company will resolve this.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com