"Obligor's payment history" portion. I don't have any documented payment and I don't remember amounts. What do I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Reno, NV

I've never documented how much money he's given me. The amount of money always varies from 0-250. I don't know if I should give a guessed amount in the spaces or right I don't know.

I am filling out enforcement papers. Our divorce decree states he is supposed to pay $1280.00/month since Feb 2009. Like I was saying previously, he pays random amounts. I have some payments documented, but not many. As far as custody goes, I don't imagine he wants our girls full time as he doesn't even take them on his weekends most of the time because he's working (he's supposed to take them every other weekend).

1. Jill K. Whitbeck

Pro

5

1

Answered . It sounds like you are applying for child support enforcement through the DA's office, or possibly completing a schedule of arrears. Either way, if you are unsure of the precise amount that was paid each month, but know that some money was paid, put in "unsure of amount" (which you will have to squeeze in the space allowed). He will either need to prove how much he actually paid, or you will need to reach a compromise when you get to court. The DA won't go after arrears prior to the date you file with them (unless an order for child support already exists), so the past is somewhat irrelevant to them. And from now on, keep a calendar or notebook and keep track of all money you receive. Also helpful to track his contact with the child if this will eventually become a custody situation . . .

2. J. Scott Dilbeck

Pro

2

Answered . Can you be a little more specific and provide some additional context? The information you have provided is not enough to allow for an evaluation of your circumstances or a response to the question.

3. Diane L Gruber

Pro

2

Answered . What form are you trying to fill out?