"Noisy" tenant vs complaining tenant

A tenant keeps complaining about the noise from the tenant upstairs, described as "dragging furniture or something". I spoke to the tenant upstairs and I was assured that they are trying their best as to not cause any disturbance to the tenant underneath their unit. The complaining tenant has called the police on the tenant upstairs, but no findings. What will happen next if the complaining tenant keeps complaining? There is no evidence of the "nuisance" like the complaining tenant calls it. Will the Landlord be fined if the complaining tenant persists in his complaints about the noise and feels that nothing has been done to resolve the issue? How can I handle/solve this situation for the best interest of both parties?

Are both tenants your tenants? Are there other units available? If so, maybe offer to move the downstairs tenant to an upstairs unit so there won't be noise from above. If that won't work, maybe install carpet and thick padding in the upstairs unit.
I doubt you will be fined. If the tenant keeps complaining, but the complaint is not reasonable, there really is nothing you can do. Just keep a record of the complaint, notify the tenant in writing that you have investigated the complaint and found nothing wrong.
As a last resort or maybe a first resort if this is a problem tenant, offer to let the complaining tenant out of their lease early.

Recommended articles about Real estate