(Memphis Field Office) Greencard Renewal While Waiting On USCIS Decesion About Citizenship

Asked 7 months ago - Harriman, TN

Wife's 10 year expires in mid June 2014, we've got an appointment for biometric related to an N-400 application next week. What do we do if the 6 month filing window for her to file for Greencard renewal arrives and we don't have a decision for the USCIS about her citizenship application?

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You need not worry about it. She needs not file for green card extension in 6 months, 3 months or no month. Let her just wait for the outcome of the N400 process. Make her an inforpass and have her passport stamped with the temporary evidence of LPR status. That stamp is good for a year and as good as the card itself including for travel.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Alexus Paul Sham


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . As long as there is nothing wrong with her N-400 application she should be okay. It is best to consult an attorney.

    Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does... more
  3. Brittany Lace Thomas

    Contributor Level 4

    Answered . Do not worry unless something is wrong with her N-400 application. Your N-400 will likely be processed by the six-month renewal period as they are current on N-400 applications at this time.

  4. Olga Bychok

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I see not problem here with her N400. No need to do anything else.

  5. John Francis Shine

    Contributor Level 1

    Answered . You should be fine. In Chicago where I practice, if your green card expired while the N-400 is pending, you can make an Infopass Appointment with USCIS, bring your N-400 receipt and current passport, and USCIS will stamp your passport as current proof of your lawful permanent resident status. USCIS usually gives a 6 to 12 month extension. You should consult an attorney in your area about this practice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,158 answers this week

2,751 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary