"Is it legal in Kentucky for my husband to audio tape me?

Hopkinsville, KY |

Your question: "Is it legal in Kentucky for my husband to audio and or video tape me with my kids without my knowledge or consent in our home or vehicle while he's not home with us? We are splitting up and he's fishing for ways to get custody. Is it legal to tape me when he's not part of the conversation

You need to consult with a family court lawyer in your area who will be handling the divorce/dissolution of marriage family case. There are several sub-parts to your post: is it legal to record without your consent? Do you have a reasonable expectation of privacy in your jointly held/owned marital property (home & car)? If so, is it admissible as evidence in court? Speak to an experienced family court lawyer ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Probably not. You should discuss with your attorney and decide if you should seek protective order and/or criminal charges.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.

Actually it's highly illegal after all. I spoke with our county attorney. What he's done is classified as eavesdropping. Eavesdropping itself is a felony!! Possessing an eavesdropping device is a misdemeanor and divulging information illegally obtained this was is also a misdemeanor. So, if I find the device, or if he tries coming to court using any recorded info, he's shot himself in the foot!!! Sometimes being a controlling know it all idiot catches up with you. Thanks for the help.

Recommended articles about Family law