"Is it legal in Kentucky for my husband to audio tape me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hopkinsville, KY

Your question: "Is it legal in Kentucky for my husband to audio and or video tape me with my kids without my knowledge or consent in our home or vehicle while he's not home with us? We are splitting up and he's fishing for ways to get custody. Is it legal to tape me when he's not part of the conversation

1. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . You need to consult with a family court lawyer in your area who will be handling the divorce/dissolution of marriage family case. There are several sub-parts to your post: is it legal to record without your consent? Do you have a reasonable expectation of privacy in your jointly held/owned marital property (home & car)? If so, is it admissible as evidence in court? Speak to an experienced family court lawyer ASAP.

2. Michael William Bouldin

Answered . Probably not. You should discuss with your attorney and decide if you should seek protective order and/or criminal charges.