,How many hours can my employer legally make me work in a day ? how many hrs of rest between shifts?

Asked over 2 years ago - Zanesville, OH

I work in a distribution waREHOUSE IN ohio. We are supposed to work 6 days a week and are expected to stay until work is finished.Somedays its 17-18 hrs.

1. Jason T Brown

Pro

Answered . Under Federal Law, for most jobs there is no limit in the amount of hours an employer can command you to work. However, there are very strict laws regarding compensation and unless you are properly an exempt employee you should be receiving time and a half for any hours in excess of 40. Also, certain state laws dictate what type of breaks you should be receiving and whether they are paid or not. You should speak with a wage and hour lawyer that offers free consultations to go over your compensation structure to make sure you are not being shorted.

Jason T. Brown
    (800) 9100-LAW