"guilty" or "not guilty" for speeding, when the cop said show up to court and the judge drops speeding tickets to parking,

Asked about 2 years ago - Buffalo, NY

I was pulled over for going 44 in a 30 in New York State. The cop said, show up to court and the Judge always drops minor speeding tickets to parking tickets. I just can't remember if she said to plead "guilty" or "not guilty." Is there an obvious answer in this situation

1. Matthew Scott Kam Tannenbaum

Pro

6

Answered . Plead not guilty. When you show up to court that is when you can possibly have the ticket reduced to a parking violation. It all depends on the jurisdiction where the ticket is returnable. You best bet is to call the court and speak to a clerk. Good luck.

2. Yefim Rubinov

6

Answered . Plead not guilty.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . Not guilty.

4. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

4

Answered . You have to plead guilty in order to show up and get the reduced offer, if that is what the judge ultimately does.

5. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

4

Answered . Actually, there is no obvious answer to a speeding ticket. It seems simple and easy but it is not. So my suggestion is to retain counsel.