Skip to main content

"Failure to Stop at a stop sign" ticket in Johnson County- Overland Park, KS

Overland Park, KS |

I got a ticket two days ago for "failure to stop at a stop sign" in Overland Park, KS (Johnson County). I don't feel like I "ran" the stop sign, but that is beside the point. I have a clean driving record BUT, last October I got a speeding ticket on the turnpike in Chase County (KS) and went on diversion for it. My diversion has a 6 month probation period, which I believe is up this month, so my fear is that now this ticket is going to go against my diversion and both tickets will go on my record, increasing my insurance rates. Since I'm already on diversion, I won't qualify for another one- but I've heard I can pay double the fine ($120) to keep it off my record- is that true? I'm not sure it is worth the money to hire a traffic attorney, but if I can just pay double, I'll do it.

Attorney Answers 1


I would hire an attorney in Johnson County to assist you with this matter or speak with a Johnson County traffic attorney to explore your options. Traffic tickets often have different options than a misdemeanor or felony charge. You may still be able to amend this ticket even though you are on a diversion from another county. It is generally in your best interest to keep this moving violation from being reported on your driving record.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics