"Could this be a case"?

Santa Ana, CA |

Today 1/30/2012 We went to tuttleclick in irvine, to purchase a vehicle, as we waited approximately 5 hours, around 5:00pm my father and i where discriminated insulted and got treated really unfairly. we asked one of the manager if he could please give us a paper with a full price on the vehicle interested etc. the manager kept getting mad as we asked him questions. i texted my mom to see what was the taxes % now, she said 8.00% i told the manager, what my mom had said, and his response was TELL YOUR MOM SHE NEEDS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL, and why are we trying to get the car SINCE WE CANT AFFORD IT, i told the manager his being aggravated with me He said yeah IAM And WHAT? i asked to speak to the owner he refused to & asked me to leave with no sign of THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE? help.

1. You were treated rudely and very counter-productively. But what occurred was not unlawful, and will not support a legal action.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

2. You posted this under a "criminal defense" heading. I don't see any criminal acts here.

Instead, unfortunately, you got treated horribly. Bad business for sure, but nothing that will lead to criminal charges or a lawsuit.

Instead, vote with your wallet. Go to another dealer. I'm sure they would be happy to have your business. You can also find out who the owner and/or general manager is at the dealership and complain to them, letting them know they lost a sale because of the attitude of their employees.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

3. You may also want to contact the Better Business Bureau and let them know what happened. A letter to the owner/general manager may also be a good idea as this will memorialize your horrible treatment. Indicate the salesperson's name in your letter if you are able to remember it. Best of luck to you.

Michael Fell is a former Orange County Senior Deputy District Attorney where he prosecuted Orange County cases for over 18 years. Mr. Fell has been twice featured as a Top Attorney in Orange County by OC Metro Magazine in 2011 and 2012. With his years of experience as an OC Prosecutor, Mr. Fell has the inside edge in negotiating criminal cases with his former office. He has been practicing in Orange County for over 23 years, has handled thousands of criminal cases and offers FREE consultations.