"Could this be a case"?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Santa Ana, CA

Today 1/30/2012 We went to tuttleclick in irvine, to purchase a vehicle, as we waited approximately 5 hours, around 5:00pm my father and i where discriminated insulted and got treated really unfairly. we asked one of the manager if he could please give us a paper with a full price on the vehicle interested etc. the manager kept getting mad as we asked him questions. i texted my mom to see what was the taxes % now, she said 8.00% i told the manager, what my mom had said, and his response was TELL YOUR MOM SHE NEEDS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL, and why are we trying to get the car SINCE WE CANT AFFORD IT, i told the manager his being aggravated with me He said yeah IAM And WHAT? i asked to speak to the owner he refused to & asked me to leave with no sign of THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE? help.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

8

Answered . You were treated rudely and very counter-productively. But what occurred was not unlawful, and will not support a legal action.

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

5

Answered . There is no criminal action here. Bad business practices

3. Joseph Briscoe Dane

Pro

5

Answered . You posted this under a "criminal defense" heading. I don't see any criminal acts here.

Instead, unfortunately, you got treated horribly. Bad business for sure, but nothing that will lead to criminal charges or a lawsuit.

Instead, vote with your wallet. Go to another dealer. I'm sure they would be happy to have your business. You can also find out who the owner and/or general manager is at the dealership and complain to them, letting them know they lost a sale because of the attitude of their employees.

4. Michael Laurence Fell

Pro

4

Answered . You may also want to contact the Better Business Bureau and let them know what happened. A letter to the owner/general manager may also be a good idea as this will memorialize your horrible treatment. Indicate the salesperson's name in your letter if you are able to remember it. Best of luck to you.