.COM ~ Domain Name's and Infringement.

Asked 10 months ago - Alexandria, VA

Can I do my own Mediation, between the Infringed; and a "licensee" using a portion of my URL, when my client Infringes another?

1. Frank Anthony Natoli

Pro

2

Answered . Your factual situation is entirely unclear, but so long as the parties involved are ok with you serving as a mediator I see no issue. Of course, if you are an interested party, which it sounds like you are I see no reason why they would accept that and it really is not mediation then but merely a negotiation between two parties.

I would reach out to a lawyer in private and discuss your matter in more detail before you do anything. You can call several for a free phone consultation and get some insights.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC

2. Maurice N Ross

Pro

1

Answered . I don't understand your question. I doubt if you are in a position to judge whether there is trademark or copyright infringement, or to assist the parties in coming to a meaningful resolution of this matter. Each party in a dispute like this needs is or her own lawyer.

3. Daniel Nathan Ballard

Answered . I cannot make sense out of your question. You really ought to try again.

4. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

Answered . That's muddled. I think you mean can you do your own UDRP arbitration, not mediation, between infringed and licensee, but your terminology is botched up so bad I cannot tell.

The muddled nature of the question makes is pretty clear that you CANNOT do your own Mediation, if that is what you really mean. You need an IP (Intellectual Property) lawyer to clarify your muddled mess and lead you through the legal thicket you apparently face. Otherwise, you and your client sound likely to get stuck by the "bramblebush."