“At will” company. I have been in a position of vulgarity, obscenities, physical violence, sexual harassment, and drug use.

Chicago, IL |

10 mos of emp in hostile environment, I feel was wrongfully terminated. Reason? CEO instructed me to send an e-mail out to the EVP of Technology, IT, (I copied one of the partners in the e-mail). CEO was extremely upset that his e-mail was not working. As he was telling me what to say, he proceeded to slam office doors, scream profanity and threaten my job. Shortly afterwards, I was told to leave. 3 days later, told not to return. Never told prior that job performance was unsatisfactory. In fact, I was given a $10,000 raise in June, 2013. I’ve witnessed physical fights, had to clean white substance on glass office table, him walking around in his boxers and recently, he offered my asst and me Adderall – he is President of private company. Can I sue for wrongful termination?

1. You can sue but you should probably consult with and retain an employment lawyer to make sure you follow the proper procedure to help you win.

Not legal advice / No lawyer/client relationship.

2. Sounds like a horrible situation, but I cannot piece together all the facts. I suggest you speak to an experienced employment attorney. Most of us will provide a free consultation.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. You should be aware that no attorney-client relationship is established through this answer and none will be established without a personal consultation and the signing of an engagement agreement.

3. Your matter involves a great deal of factual detail, which is common in many of these cases. Your best option is to consult a local employment attorney. Once you explain all of the details, the attorney can explain the claims you may assert against your former employer. Good luck.

4. You can certainly have a local employment lawyer investigate and sort this out