Ä°s there a way To keep my drivers license after dui? My court date is in one week. I am in A.r.d. Program.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Upper Darby, PA

My job is a delivery driver full time

1. David Bradley

5

Answered . Probably not, unless your BAC is under .10. A license suspension is mandated with ARD for a DUI if your BAC is .10 or over. Your license suspension should be 30 days or 60 days depending on the BAC level. If your BAC is between .10 and .159, your license suspension should be 30 days. If it is .16 or higher, or a refusal or based on a drug content, your license suspension will be 60 days. The only way to avoid a suspension altogether is to go to trial in your case and win, or convince the prosecutor to reduce your DUI charge.

David Bradley
    Bradley Law Firm, LLC
    davidbradleylaw.com

2. Brian Vincent Manchester

2

Answered . If your ARD is for anything other than a BAC less than .1 or for incapable of safe driving you will lose your license and the court has no discretion. The only other way to avoid a license suspension is to get a disposition for something other than DUI.

3. Ellis B. Klein

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the answers already given but I would add that if you have a CDL (Commercial Driver's License) the suspension is for one year.
    Also, there is no occupational or "bread and butter" license to drive for work purposes when you lose it for a DUI.
    Good luck