. I was convicted of 2 misdemeanors in pa.. How do i get the non convictions removed? I can't get hired anywhere because of it.

Exton, PA |

This happened in 2010. The police officer charged me with 38 charges to which i only got 2 convictions of criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. The non convictions are worse. Especially on paper. They show up on all my job background checks. Can i get those removed?

1. You need to file an expungement for the charges were you were found not guilty or they were withdrawn. Good luck!

(215)564-1634 work (215)849-2173 cell Montoya Shaffer, LLC 100 S. Broad Street, Suite 1216 Philadelphia, PA 19110 www.montoyashaffer.com

2. You can file for a partial expungement with the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney. We provde a free consult.

3. I concur with Mr. Shaffer. It should take approximately six weeks to have all traces of those additional charges erased from your record.

4. I'm going to differ with my colleagues just a bit. Expungement is the way to go, however your likelihood of success will depend on whether you received a not guilty following trial or whether the other charges were not pursued as part of a plea agreement. If a plea agreement was involved, then it depends on whether the charges were dismissed or nolle prossed. Believe it or not, that makes a difference in PA.

5. Hire a lawyer to expunge the charges dismissed .