. I was convicted of 2 misdemeanors in pa.. How do i get the non convictions removed? I can't get hired anywhere because of it.

Asked over 1 year ago - Exton, PA

This happened in 2010. The police officer charged me with 38 charges to which i only got 2 convictions of criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. The non convictions are worse. Especially on paper. They show up on all my job background checks. Can i get those removed?

Attorney answers (5)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to file an expungement for the charges were you were found not guilty or they were withdrawn. Good luck!

    (215)564-1634 work (215)849-2173 cell Montoya Shaffer, LLC 100 S. Broad Street, Suite 1216 Philadelphia, PA... more
  2. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I concur with Mr. Shaffer. It should take approximately six weeks to have all traces of those additional charges erased from your record.

  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can file for a partial expungement with the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney. We provde a free consult.

  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I'm going to differ with my colleagues just a bit. Expungement is the way to go, however your likelihood of success will depend on whether you received a not guilty following trial or whether the other charges were not pursued as part of a plea agreement. If a plea agreement was involved, then it depends on whether the charges were dismissed or nolle prossed. Believe it or not, that makes a difference in PA.

  5. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Hire a lawyer to expunge the charges dismissed .

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Daniel P. Hilf

Driving While License Suspended

Driving While License Suspended or Revoked in Michigan is a misdemeanor offense (according to MCL 257.904(3)(a)) that carries a maximum potential jail sentence of up to 93 days, and/or a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,827 answers this week

3,749 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,827 answers this week

3,749 attorneys answering