. I was convicted of 2 misdemeanors in pa.. How do i get the non convictions removed? I can't get hired anywhere because of it.

Asked over 1 year ago - Exton, PA

This happened in 2010. The police officer charged me with 38 charges to which i only got 2 convictions of criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. The non convictions are worse. Especially on paper. They show up on all my job background checks. Can i get those removed?

1. 3

Answered . You need to file an expungement for the charges were you were found not guilty or they were withdrawn. Good luck!

2. 3

Answered . I concur with Mr. Shaffer. It should take approximately six weeks to have all traces of those additional charges erased from your record.

3. 2

Answered . You can file for a partial expungement with the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney. We provde a free consult.

4. 1

Answered . I'm going to differ with my colleagues just a bit. Expungement is the way to go, however your likelihood of success will depend on whether you received a not guilty following trial or whether the other charges were not pursued as part of a plea agreement. If a plea agreement was involved, then it depends on whether the charges were dismissed or nolle prossed. Believe it or not, that makes a difference in PA.

5. 1

Answered . Hire a lawyer to expunge the charges dismissed .