.

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

My Husband is on probation in Dallas county & Collin county.We stay in Dallas so they transfered his files from Collin to Dallas so he wouldnt have to report in to differrnt counties .he just went to jail in Dallas County for a new crime he commited,we know that that is a violation to his probation in Dallas.but can Collin county violate him too

He could be violated by Collin County. Dallas County has nothing to do with his Collin County probation revocation. They are just supervising as a courtesy.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

2. Collin County can violate him and may want to so that a Collin County judge can sentence him. However, they could just decide to let Dallas County handle it.

Marijuana is against federal law. Federal law supersedes state law. A person could be charged and convicted for marijuana related crimes such as possession, cultivation, distribution, manufacturing, transportation, and conspiracy.

3. If your husband hasn't plead guilty, then I would not state that he engaged in any criminal activity, particularly on a public forum on the internet. Please contact a criminal defense lawyer who can can help your husband deal with a probation revocation and the underlying new criminal charge.

By providing this legal analysis of the issue presented, no attorney/client relationship is being formed. Additionally, attorney is not agreeing to represent the individual who presented the question concerning the legal issue. A signed retainer agreement is required before an attorney /client relationship is established. The analysis provided is meant solely to provide general guidance about the legal issue presented.

4. Absolutely. And they will. Depending on what he's on probation for and what his new case is, the Collin County pv will probably be his biggest problem. It's just a much tougher county to deal with. Obviously he needs an experienced defense attorney helping him out of this. Most of us offer free consultations. I would start calling around ASAP.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.