" USCIS " has made a wrong entry on my status in US . How can I get it corrected ?

Silver Spring, MD |

I am posting this question again due to a typo in the first - - apologies . I visit US regularly on B - 1 visa . I have a Maryland driving license that I renew each time I come here . This time when I went for renewal , there was something flagged and they sent my papers for verification of lawful status to SAVE . SAVE informed them that I am supposed to have a green card according to DHS or " USCIS " records . Now I have never applied for one , nor aspired to . But I believe that the immigration clerk perhaps may have made a mistake on the port of entry - - i dunno . But I cannot get my driving license renewed . Also think that this will come up each time I enter the US now . SO how do I get this corrected ? I tried getting an appt with " USCIS " but there is no option for something like this

You can go to www.uscis.gov and make an INFOPASS appointment. You can do so and advise them at your appointment that a mistake has been made and try to correct it that way. Otherwise you can call the 1-800 tollfree number. 1 (800) 375-5283.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Thanks. I will try again. I tried it but there seems to be no menu option for such case...but will try again.

Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

Try http://infopass.uscis.gov/

I agree with my colleague.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues unless what they meant at the DMV is that you are supposed to have your greencard in order to get a driver license.