" USCIS " has made a wrong entry on my status in US . How can I get it corrected ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Silver Spring, MD

I visit US regularly on 1 visa . I have a Maryland driving license that I renew each time I come here . This time when I went for renewal , there was something flagged and they sent my papers for verification of 'lawful status' to SAVE . SAVE informed them that I am supposed to have a green card according to DHS or " USCIS " records . Now I have never applied for one , nor aspired to . But I believe that the immigration clerk perhaps may have made a mistake on the port of entry - - i dunno . But I cannot get my driving license renewed . Also think that this will come up each time I enter the US now . SO how do I get this corrected ? I tried getting an appt with " USCIS " but there is no option for something like this . I can't recall this happening to anyone either

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

2. Irene Vaisman

3

Answered . there is no "1" visa. give us your visa type - it should start with a letter. Whether you can or cannot have a driver license will depend on that as well.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . What needs to be done depends on what you mean by "1 visa." Visas in the US begin with a letter and are never a single digit.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.