...Hi, I bought a used vehicle from a private party and had it for one week, and then it got stolen...

Salinas, CA |
Filed under: Used cars

...I hadn't been to DMV and registered it in my name yet...But I had notified my insurance carrier that I had purchased another vehicle and my agent said that i'am covered for 30 days....So in the following days/weeks it seemed my insurance was going to cover my lost, they even came up with a "reimbursement amount"...But just today, I received email that they weren't going to honor my claim...thanks, Randy

This may be a bad faith claim. Unfortunately I would need additional information to fully evaluate your potential claim.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Lemon law topics

Recommended articles about Lemon law