....what is the best strategy for a DUID- marijuana?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Collins, CO

.....pulled over for headlight out and received a duid-marijuana when they found my red card (med marijuana).....i was given roadside sobriety test and two hour test at the highway patrol office before being taken to the hospital for a blood sample and then booking at larimer county sheriff's center in ft collins

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Nicholas Lubchenco

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . The best strategy is to hire an experienced DUI attorney who has litigated and tried DUID marijuana cases before. Trying to do it yourself would be like trying to figure out the best way to remove your appendix without a doctor. A good attorney is going to be able to attack any roadside tests (especially if they had a DRE), attack the blood test, and perhaps most importantly attack the state's expert who is almost certainly going to say you were intoxicated.

    These cases are very defensible. There are currently all kinds of problems going on at the state lab. There are many other complex and complicated issues that take years of work to master.

    There are a number of good DUID attorneys here on avvo. Most of us give free consultations. Find one you like and can afford. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

    Best of luck.

    Lubchenco, Kendrick, & Baldridge, L.L.P. 720-644-6413. The information provided here does not create an attorney-... more
  2. Kent Joseph Leier

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Law enforcement are quick to jump to conclusions on DUID cases; especially in Fort Collins with all of the college students. The roadside sobriety tests on DUID cases are far from scientific and they can be challenged in court by an experienced trial attorney. Hire an attorney and that has experience with drug cases.

  3. Brandon Uriah Luna


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Fort Collins:

    Like it or not, the best strategy is to get an attorney. These cases are highly technical and require an experienced and knowledgable person to defend them.


Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,745 answers this week

3,252 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,745 answers this week

3,252 attorneys answering