I sought out Kari for a custody issue. While the outcome was in my favor, I would never recommend her or her firm. Here is why:
- We met with her ONCE during our year long court battle. That was the initial intake. After that, we only met with the paralegals.
- She never responded to emails or calls. When she did, it was much later.
- She asked repeated questions.
- Official court documents referenced incorrect names. One was referring to me, but instead of listing my name, she listed the name of another relative. This caused us to resubmit information to the courts.
- When we finally were awarded final custody, we were asked to come in. We did, elated that it was finally over. To our dismay, we were told once again that Kari wasn't available to see us. It was another meeting with the paralegal. No congratulation, nothing from Kari.
She'll take your hard earned money, and won't be in contact.
If you're wondering how we won: most of it was a landslide, considering the other parties weren't willing to fight as hard as we did - most of it on our own.
I chose Kari for my divorce/child custody lawyer with the hopes of a good outcome. Neither her nor her office staff were ever organized, returned phone calls, updated me on my case, or ever had any knowledge about any questions or concerns I had. They couldn't explain certain charges on their very dull and lack of detailed invoices nor did they seem to have any desire to. I was required to go to every court date bi-weekly (which I lost money for due to taking time off work) just for her to continue pushing them out every time. She was not at all aggressive and didn't fight for me or represent me in any way. She communicated more with the other party (husband at the time and his attorney) than she did with me. She always seemed annoyed and unfriendly as well. I had to switch attorneys because in 3 months I got nowhere with the case except for a few thousand dollars wasted on her "time and services" or lack thereof. The other attorney I went to was a complete 180 of Kari. I wish I had gone to them from the beginning. Should I or anyone I know ever need legal advice, I definitely will not be recommending Kari!
Her nor her office staff had the slightest answer anytime I called to check how things were going with my case. She never returned phone calls. The few times I did get through to her, she never had an answer. She got nowhere with my case, and I ended up switching lawyers. She would forget things about the case that I would have to remind her about 10 minutes before we went into the court room. Terrible lawyer. I would never recommend her to anybody.