Justin T Collier’s Answers

Justin T Collier

Wenatchee Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 6
  1. WA state criminal code, procedure to expunge seal criminal history, record

    Answered over 6 years ago.

    1. Justin T Collier
    2. Thuong-Tri Nguyen
    2 lawyer answers

    It sounds as if you did a "true" deferred sentence. This is when you enter a guilty plea and if you comply with all terms of your probation (pay the fines, stay out of trouble, do any jail time, etc.) then the case is dismissed. In my experience it shows as DD on your criminal history which is dismissed on a deferred. The background check will most likely show these charges at this time. You are free to answer that you have never been convicted of a crime as the charge was dismissed, but it...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

    8 people marked this answer as helpful

  2. Legalities of breath test and blood test in DUI Case

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Patrick James Feldman
    2. Kenan Lee Isitt
    3. Justin T Collier
    4. Scott Weymouth Lawrence
    5. Macy Michelle Jaggers
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    You should absolutely contest it. If there is a medical issue that prevents you from performing the BAC test they need to give you a blood test. You should hire an attorney right away. If the test is marked as refusal you only have 20 days from the date of arrest to request a DOL hearing and if you don't request that hearing your license will be automatically suspended.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. Need low income or free attorney for Whelan Co . to represent me in sealing my juvenile case satyrs old .

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Patrick Owen Earl
    2. Aaron Lukoff
    3. Justin T Collier
    3 lawyer answers

    You'd need an attorney to do this but my experience tells me you're not going to be able to seal a sex offense case because you can't get around RCW 43.43.830. If someone out there thinks I'm wrong I'd be all ears. Good luck with EHM on the new charge.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Can you be arrested for driving without a license if you are not in the car, there is no key in the ignition, car is not running

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Michael P Brodsky
    2. James J White
    3. Justin T Collier
    4. Ted Harvatin
    5. Patrick Owen Earl
    5 lawyer answers

    You need to consult an attorney or ask for a public defender. A big issue in the case is if you made any statements to the officer.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. My husband left our marriage approximately two years ago and i have not spoken to him.

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Howard M Lewis
    2. Bruce Clement
    3. Justin T Collier
    4. Stephen Ross Cohen
    4 lawyer answers

    He claimed you or he claimed a child you guys have in common? You can't claim your wife on a tax return. I'm guessing he may have filed single and claimed you? I have no idea how else he could have handled it. Your tax return is getting rejected because they handle that electronically and your social security number is associated with another tax return. You'll have to file correctly and mail your tax return. The IRS will sort it out eventually it just makes filing electronically impossible....

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  6. Will my juvenile record cause problems for me as an adult?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Kate M Forrest
    2. Justin T Collier
    3. Patrick Owen Earl
    4. Brian M. Doyle
    4 lawyer answers

    There's a lot of issues that an attorney needs more information about in order to answer this question. If you were 17 when the offense happened but have since turned 18 and the case is still pending you were be sent to adult court unless the juvenile court retained jurisdiction before your 18th birthday. In Chelan County if you do not have any criminal history and are charged with only a misdemeanor in Juvenile Court you will be automatically diverted, which would mean you would not be...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  7. I want to move out of state with my Son. What would make a judge stop me from doing this?

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. Justin T Collier
    2. Yevgeny Jack Berner
    2 lawyer answers

    There is many variables to this question that you have not addressed. They would be things such as the age of your son, the thoughts of his father on the move, etc. I'm assuming since he pays child support there is an order in place through Support Enforcement? That may be wrong though and you may have both agreed on the parenting plan and the child support by yourselves. Technically because there is no parenting plan in place you don't need a judge's permission to move because there is...