Skip to main content
Scott W Edwards

Scott Edwards’s Legal Guides

5 total

  • What is Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist or UIM Insurance?

    In Washington, UM/UIM insurance is written into all insurance policies in Washington unless the policyholder expressly refuses it. The minimum limits are $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. UM/UIM insurance covers damages that an insured would be entitled to receive from...

    Read more 

  • What is Personal Injury Protection or "PIP" Insurance?

    In Washington, unless a policyholder expressly refuses PIP insurance, it is written into all insurance policies issued in Washington. The minimum limits are $10,000, but policy holders may elect to increase the coverage by paying a higher premium. Regardless of who may be "at fa...

    Read more 

  • 10 Things to Do After a Car Crash

    As the title suggests, this guide provides a list of 10 things to do after a car crash.

    Read more 

  • Do you have a "good case"

    One of the most-asked personal injury questions on is "Do I have a good case?" This guide provides basic information to get you started, but it is always best to consult with an attorney.

    Read more 

  • How long after a car crash do I have to settle a claim? What is a statute of limitations?

    If you were injured in a car crash, your claim is limited by a statute of limitation. Under most every situation it must be strictly followed or you risk losing the right to bring your claim. This guide will answer "What is a statute of limitation?" and "How long do I have in Washington and Oregon?"

    Read more