Jeffrey R Caffee’s Answers

Jeffrey R Caffee

Auburn Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 9
  1. How can a person protect their cash in bank account from possible law suit judgment arising from a car accident.

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Robert Max Klein
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. Joseph John Bernardo
    4. Patrick John Phillips
    5. David Ian Schoen
    6. ···
    13 lawyer answers

    You need to retain your own counsel as soon as possible.

    11 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. My brother suffered a traumatic brain injury and is unable to work. Where do we start?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. David J. McCormick
    2. Scott W Edwards
    3. Jeffrey R Caffee
    4. Richard Scott Stewart
    5. Gary A Kester
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    This is a truly unfortunate situation for your brother. As others have suggested, you need to speak with an attorney soon about the situation. I suggest you find one attorney to investigate the facts surrounding your brother's personal injury and whether there is a legitimate claim. Second, a different attorney (generally, most attorneys do not cross-over between these two areas of law) to investigate whether a guardianship (I'm assuming he is an adult) may be needed for your brother.

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Can one come after me for someone else's fault in an accident

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Richard Eugene Lewis
    2. Herman Gene Burkett Jr.
    3. David J. McCormick
    4. Kevin Coluccio
    5. Jeffrey R Caffee
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Generally, these questions are very fact intensive. The most important questions is whether someone would take the time to legally pursue you due to the lack of insurance. I highly suggest speaking with an attorney about your particular situation.

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. SHould I hire an attorney right away?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Matthew C Simon
    2. Gregory Stuart Marshall
    3. Richard H. Wooster
    4. Thomas Lee Dennis
    5. Christian K. Lassen II
    6. ···
    12 lawyer answers

    Hire an attorney now. The attorney can wait until the appropriate time to file the action.

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. Can I reopen a claim on a car wreck?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Kevin Coluccio
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. Alan James Brinkmeier
    4. Randy William Ferguson
    5. William John Carlson
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    It sounds like you will not have many options available to you due to the signed release.

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. My boyfriend found a dead/cooked mouse in his Chinese food. Can he sue the resturant?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Jimmy Allen Davis
    2. Jeffrey R Caffee
    3. Scott Douglas Camassar
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. Jason Todd Studinski
    5 lawyer answers

    You'll want to speak with an attorney that is willing to due some investigation into the matter as one defense to the matter would be, "how do we know you didn't put the rat in there and take a picture?" In my experience, the contaminated food claim is far more difficult to prove than one would initially believe.

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  7. Personal injury car crash in Mass.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Jonathan Alexander Karon
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Kenneth P Doherty
    4. Emma A. Kremer
    5. Elliot S Coren
    6. ···
    13 lawyer answers

    Consult with an attorney because if the injuries are serious, there is far too much at stake to leave to chance.

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. Do I need to probate a will if there's only Debt and no Assets

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Jeffrey R Caffee
    2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.
    3. James P. Frederick
    3 lawyer answers

    If there truly is no property and only debt, generally, opening a probate does not make sense unless there is some pressing reason to do so. The rules on probate can vary wildly from state to state. I suggest you find an probate attorney in your area to assist you. Whether you decide to probate the Will is dependent upon whether the cost is worth the benefit. If you can' talk someone into releasing the check to you and it is a substantial amount of money, it would make sense to at least...

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. Is there any attorney or paralegal who can help in pro se litigation WA state...

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Arthur D Leritz
    2. Matthew Charles Price
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Rixon Charles Rafter III
    5. Sue E. West
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    Retain an attorney to fully represent you in your case. Many Pro Se litigants fall into the belief that they can retain an attorney to "advise" them on what to do, then the Pro Se litigant can "save money" by doing it themselves. Some may disagree, but I am of the mind that the attorney is either "in or out" on your representation. If an attorney is willing to agree to such fractured representation, they are likely "out."

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  10. As a domestic violence victim, what type of lawyer should I consult for advice on a civil suit?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Howard M Lewis
    2. Patrick Owen Earl
    3. Judy A. Goldstein
    4. Daniel Nelson Deasy
    5. David Thomas Dorer
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    Contact a personal injury attorney. It would be helpful to find one with experience handling residential landlord-tenant claims because there may be RLTA issues/claims to deal with as well.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer