Based on 15 reviews
Help make it easier for other Avvo users to choose the right lawyer by sharing your experience with this attorney. It's fast, simple, and safe.
Lawyers: Use the Peer Endorsements section to provide input about other attorneys.
I was referred to Bryan when I had just been denied a labor certification and was undergoing an audit for my H1B visa. At this point, I had been told by 2 other lawyers that I only had a 5% chance to get out of the audit and high upcoming challenges to ever get my green card.
In my first 30 min discussion I had with Bryan, he pinpointed major holes in the way my case had been handled by my corporate lawyers. He took the time to review my case with my best interest in mind.
Not only did he get me out of the H1B audit but he also helped me through the green card process. I am today a proud and happy green card holder and beyond grateful that our paths crossed.
Bryan's patience, efficiency, thoroughness, and most importantly professionalism made for a delightful experience. If you re looking for this rare breed of lawyer who actually cares about you and not just your bank account, Bryan is your man.
I contacted Bryan by email to see if he could help my son and his French girlfriend with their options for staying together. Bryan replied to my email the next day and answered some general questions that I had. My son and his girlfriend did make an appointment with Bryan, and found him easy to talk to, knowledgeable and "very nice" . They said they had a much clearer understanding of their options after talking with Bryan, and told me they will definitely go back to him if they have further issues. They called Bryan a "lucky find".
Bryan McGowan was my immigration attorney when I applied for a K-1 fiancee visa to bring my fiancée from China to Oregon. In all instances I found his efforts to be outstanding. Regarding an attorney, I feel that he had all the bases covered regarding what one is likely to expect from an attorney. I will itemize these below:
1. Personable: Bryan is very likable and down-to-earth. There was no legal mumbo jumbo or convoluted explanations. Instead, he was very straight-forward and presented the situation in a very amenable manner.
2. Flat and fair fee: I liked his flat fee arrangement. This is especially contra to a number of attorneys who constantly nickel and dime their clients for brief phone calls and attempts to extend the length of meetings in an effort to pad their fees. His flat fee included a reasonable number of interim phone calls. He said if these phone calls were getting to be a bit excessive, then he would notify me in advance. Fortunately, this was not the case with me. Regarding his fee, he explained this in detail in our first meeting and was very clear in telling me what it included. A follow-up letter after the meeting documented our financial arrangement in detail. His fee was quite reasonable, as I did do some comparison shopping.
3. Knowledgeable: Bryan was able to explain in detail the interpretations of the laws, expected wait times for the visa, pitfalls to avoid when applying for the visa and so forth. Indeed, his knowledge can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. It is amazing how he is able to recall many of the things from his memory, which is phenomenal. In retrospect, I found his knowledge to be extremely accurate and in that regard, I was met my no surprises in the application process.
4. Eye for detail: I consider this to be one of his major strengths. The visa application process is filled with anomalies and demand for information in a specific form. There were a number of times that he requested the information from my fiancée to be in a different or more official format. His being able to detect this reduced the likelihood of processing delays.
In all aspects, I found Bryan to be an excellent attorney and I highly recommend him. The visa application process is fraught with pitfalls. Bryan was able to present a strong package and was skillful in the wordings on the visa that would increase its chances of succeeding, including his coaching my fiancée regarding how she should respond to anticipated questions in the interview. Getting a fiancée visa in China is difficult and has a high failure rate. I attribute our success in this endeavor to Bryan’s dedicated and diligent efforts.
Bryan is a knowledgeable, experienced immigration attorney who has passion for helping people. He was the only person who could have helped me and he did. If I did not have his professional help, I would have been lost. I highly recommend to contact him if you have any immigration issues. Once you do that, I think that you would see a ray of hope which you could not have otherwise. He is very polite, honest, thoughtful and very professional. He listens to your concerns and answers your questions and/or gives you very clear professional advice. I am so grateful that I could have him as my attorney. Thank you Bryan.
I came to Bryan with a unique case, with two visa denials under my belt from working with poorly informed attorneys in the past. Bryan took the time right of the bat to understand my case, providing me with very clear insights before even starting working with him. Throughout the process, he kept me deeply informed and was clear about every step along the way. I was successfully issued an h1b visa through working with Bryan. I look forward to continue working with him while in the US. I also continue to refer Bryan's services to my contacts working in Silicon Valley.
Dear Bryan, thank you so much for your expertise and professionalism! I could not have asked for a better representation of our case. Your knowledge, confidence, and commitment proved invaluable for me and my wife during our three-year long journey to her LPR status.
Dear Mr Bryan,just wanted to send our sincere appreciations and thanks for the outstanding performance you have delivered to both me and my wife Laura.You have definitely left a lasting impression in both our lives and will always be greatful for that.We will definitely recommend you for anybody in need of legal immigration assitance.Thank you again for your magical work Sir !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We worked with Bryan McGowan over a period of nine years. During this time Bryan advised and guided us through many challenging immigration issues for several key staff. Bryan was instrumental in providing both the information and analysis that we needed to make many difficult decisions and ensure that we were able to retain our most valuable team members on our journey through the immigration minefield. I have no hesitation in recommending Bryan as a superb immigration attorney.
Bryan took successfully care of several immigration paperwork for me and my company:
- E visa
- 2 green cards applications
He did a great job in keeping me in the loop and making complicated process as smooth as possible.
I would highly recommend Brian for any immigration purpose and would definitively turn back to him if any other need of his services arises.
I have known Bryan for the last 3 years. I have never come across a more sincere person! The most loyal, trustworthy, professional and reliable individual. Someone who you for sure want on your side! It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with Bryan in my not always "cookie cutter" situations involving my visa.
Thank you for everything!