Benjamin O Falk’s Answers

Benjamin O Falk

Portland Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Should I let my insurance company handle this or I should hire an attorney?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Fernando Davin Vargas
    2. Mariam Mary Margaryan
    3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez
    4. David Ian Schoen
    5. Christian A. Myer
    6. ···
    15 lawyer answers

    Without a doubt, get your insurance company involved. They should have a "duty to defend" under your policy.

    12 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. I was charged with forgery by being in possession of a fake twenty, I was unaware it was fake, what should I do?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Jay Bodzin
    2. Thomas Ifversen
    3. James Donald Garrett
    4. Benjamin O Falk
    5. Sunil K Raju
    5 lawyer answers

    Forgery is serious business that can affect you long-term. It is what's called a crime of "moral turpitude" which means a crime that has to do with theft, dishonesty or deception. For example, a conviction could affect your ability to act in a fiduciary capacity in careers such as a lawyer, or an accountant, or could affect your ability to receive a professional license. Don't take this lightly, and make sure you have a good defense attorney helping out.

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Was placed under arrest, then released. No citation. What is on my record?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Benjamin O Falk
    2. James Donald Garrett
    3. Grover Christopher Collins
    4. Michael R Crosner
    4 lawyer answers

    If you are placed under arrest, there probably is a record of arrest somewhere, or at least of you having been taken into custody. if there is a record of arrest, it may be possible to "expunge" the record of arrest. Since no charges were filed, you may have to wait a year before you can expunge the arrest. ORS 137.225 explains the expungement law, and can be found online with a search for "Oregon Revised Statutes." Oftentimes the district attorney's offices have expungement packets that...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Dating a sex offender?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Justin N Rosas
    2. Jay Bodzin
    3. Sunil K Raju
    4. Benjamin O Falk
    4 lawyer answers

    If the person you are dating poses a risk to children, then yes. Usually DHS will want the person do go through a bunch of tests and evaluations including what's called a full disclosure polygraph. If the person is willing to go through all of these tests, and the results indicate that the person is not a danger to children, then hopefully that would satisfy DHS. If the person is not willing to go through these tests, however, as a parent you are probably put in a situation where you're...

  5. What does a theft 1 x 3 and a theft 3 x 3 mean and what is the sentence if found guilty?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Thomas Ifversen
    2. Troy Austin Pickard
    3. Sunil K Raju
    4. Benjamin O Falk
    4 lawyer answers

    if you're convicted of the theft one offenses, those are felonies. The sentence depends on a few factors including the value of the property, as well as your criminal history. If you don't have a serious criminal history, a theft conviction is usually presumptive probation with little to no jail time. With theft charges, sometimes there are other ways to work the matters such as a "civil compromise" where the alleged victim is paid compensation and agrees not to pursue the charges. it is very...