James Bruce Lewis’s Answers

James Bruce Lewis

Honolulu DUI / DWI Attorney.

Contributor Level 2
  1. I got a DUI in Hawaii?

    Answered about 1 month ago.

    1. James Bruce Lewis
    2. Kevin H. Pate
    3. Ethan Patrick Meaney
    3 lawyer answers

    No, you cannot just pay the fees as it is a criminal offense which will require your presence, the presence of counsel, or a waiver form signed by you if you do nor want to return. Also, note that in Hawaii there is an Administrative side if the case that deals with the license revocation. If you do not challenge the license revocation, there will be a license suspension. You should speak to an attorney that works these types of cases as there are time sensitive issues at play.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I pleaded no contest to a class c petty misdemeanor, got deferred after a 6 months probation. Can i still get it expunged?

    Answered about 1 month ago.

    1. Andrew Harper Martin
    2. James Bruce Lewis
    2 lawyer answers

    Yes, I agree with attorney Martin's answer.

  3. Can a dismissed DUI case be reopened? and why?

    Answered about 2 months ago.

    1. Aaron B. Goldstein
    2. Judy A. Goldstein
    3. Carlos Humberto Davalos
    4. Paul F. Serkland
    5. Andrew Robert Fiddes
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    In the State of Hawaii, a case may be dismissed with or without prejudice. If the court dismisses the case with prejudice, the prosecutor may NOT refile the case. If the case was dismissed without prejudice, the prosecutor MAY refile the case. You would want to determine how your case was dismissed in your jurisdiction and if the prosecutor refiled your case within the proper time period for refiling. You most likely would be better off speaking to an attorney in your state that handles DUIs.