Not yet reviewed
Privately Held; Law Practice industry
February 2005 – Present (6 years)
• Shareholder/Partner at 800+ attorney employer-focused national labor and employment law firm.
• Litigation practice focuses on all aspects of state and federal employment litigation, such as harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour claims. Primary case handling responsibility for numerous employment litigation matters for Fortune 500 companies in both state and federal court.
• Significant advice and counseling practice. Work extensively with clients and human resources managers in developing and refining employee policies and procedures, wage and hour compliance, conducting internal investigations, and avoiding litigation. Broad working knowledge of USERRA and FMLA; provide timely and detailed advice to clients formulating their leave policies and managing employees returning from leave.
• Provide harassment and discrimination prevention training to managers and employees, ensuring compliance with state and federal anti-discrimination laws.
• Preparation and negotiation of executive employment agreements, severance and separation agreements, consulting agreements, and individual equity agreements.
• Provide counseling on trade secret protection, unfair competition, and non-compete/solicitation agreements.
• Advise clients, including corporate boards and management teams, on corporate governance policies and procedures, as well as assisting clients in developing and implementing policies and compliance procedures
• Member of the firm’s electronic discovery task force devoted to litigation of issues related to the discovery of electronically stored information under the new Federal and State e-Discovery Rules.
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Rising Stars||Northern California Super Lawyers||2011|
|Rising Star||Northern California Super Lawyers||2010|
|Meritorious Service Medal||United States Air Force||2007|
|Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal||N/A||2003|
|Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal||N/A||2001|
|Shareholder/Partner||Littler Mendelson, P.C.||2005 - Present|
|Deputy Staff Judge Advocate||United States Air Force (Reserve)||2004 - Present|
|Associate||Ropers Majeski Kohn & Bentley||2003 - 2005|
|Judge Advocate General (JAG) Attorney||United States Navy||1999 - 2003|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Santa Clara County Bar Association||N/A||2003 - Present|
|American Bar Association||N/A||2001 - Present|
|Tamala Smith v. Sears, Roebuck and Co.||Complete defense judgment|
|See all legal cases|
|Treatise||UNIFORMED SERVICES EMPLOYMENT AND REEMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ACT, THE (USERRA)||2009|
|Law Dragon||USERRA Protections Have Far-Reaching Implications for Employers||2007|
|Littler Mendelson ASAP||California's New Leave Law for the Spouses of Military Members||2007|
|Santa Clara Univ SOL||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1999|
|Santa Clara Univ||Finance||B.S||1996|