Daniel T Pocklington’s Answers

Daniel T Pocklington

Walnut Creek Divorce / Separation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 4
  1. In CA, if a minor (under 18) is injured in a car accident, and finally a settlement is reached. Who should sign the form?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Steven Mark Sweat
    2. David Lee Fiol
    3. Robert Bruce Kopelson
    4. Daniel T Pocklington
    5. Christian K. Lassen II
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    The best practice is to seek court approval.

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I drive a tractor trailer and i was in a accident and i was wondering if i could sue them, i did not have medical payments on it

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Steven Mark Sweat
    2. Daniel T Pocklington
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Kevin Coluccio
    5. Mark John Caruso
    5 lawyer answers

    I would suggest you make sure that you have no hidden medical injuries that resulted from the accident. If you aren't sure, contact your local bar association to get referred to a local attorney to advise you.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. What options do I have if my ex won't sign the final judgement to end the divorce?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Daniel T Pocklington
    2. Gregory Paul Benton
    3. Joshua Samson Hopstone
    3 lawyer answers

    In order to get your case before the court, you need to request a case management conference. If you haven't yet done this, there are local rules on how to get the case before the court. This will allow the judge to manage your case. Contra Costa County uses case management conferences while other counties use a different term. Nevertheless, once you get in let the court know what is delaying the process. Getting in to trial may take a few (or several) months depending on how backed up...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. California divorce form question

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Michael Charles Schwerin
    2. Sarah Jeannette Arnott
    3. Daniel T Pocklington
    3 lawyer answers

    California is a no fault state. This means that the state is not interested in determining who is to blame for the irreconcilable differences. However, page 2 of FL100 does provide for reasons for your request for divorce.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  5. How do I file an amended summons and petition for a divorce?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Gregory Paul Benton
    2. Daniel T Pocklington
    3. John C. Orcutt III
    3 lawyer answers

    It sounds like the clerk dismissed your case all together for failure to pursue it. If that is the case, you need to re-file the a new Summons and Petitioner for Dissolution. However, if you do need to just "Amend", then it depends on whether you served the papers and your spouse filed any Response with the court. If he/she filed a response then you likely need to ask the court permission to amend. If he/she was never served or he/she never filed any papers responding, then you have the...

  6. Divorce in CA: Preliminary Disclosures: Do we need to file INCOME AND EXPENSE DECLARATION , along with Form FL141

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Sarah Jeannette Arnott
    2. Cristin Michelle Lowe
    3. Daniel T Pocklington
    3 lawyer answers

    The short answer is no. The FL-150 I come and Expense form is only to be served on the other parties when required for disclosures. However, there are other instances where this form needs to be filed with the court. For example, when there is a Request for Order for support or attorneys fees.