Tola Ty Yang’s Answers

Tola Ty Yang

Fresno Workers' Compensation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 4
  1. My son was arrested and he went to court 2 of his 4 charges were dropped will his bail stay the same?

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Tola Ty Yang
    2. John M. Kaman
    3. Jay Scott Finnecy
    4. James Roy Dickinson
    4 lawyer answers

    Most likely if the two felonies were drop the bail amount should be lower. As a former Deputy District Attorney, I know that a transportation charge and a sales charge usually are filed on the same complaint based on the same controlled substance and the bail amount is originally set by adding both charges. However, if both felonies were drop and bail is not reduced, you or your son need to hire an experienced criminal attorney who is familiar with Kern County to move for a bail reduction.

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can a married couple both be charged with "possession with intent to sell" if one of them takes full ownership/ responsibility?

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Tola Ty Yang
    2. Jennifer J Wirsching
    3. Joseph Briscoe Dane
    4. Peter John Marek
    4 lawyer answers

    Both people in the vehicle can be charge for possession for sales irrespective of their relationship status. Being married makes the case against your husband a little stronger. I would need to know more information regarding exactly where the meth is, but if it was within your exclusive control and you take the wrap for it, your husband may have a decent chance of beating the sales charge depending on what he admitted to the police. However, it is not likely that the DA would drop the sales...

    Selected as best answer

  3. My husband had a serious work injury due to the fault of someone else,. The work comp dr sucks, can he sue the company?

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Brett A. Borah
    2. Tola Ty Yang
    3. Scott Douglas Silberman
    4. Peter Joon-Sung Hong
    4 lawyer answers

    Since it is a work injury, as you stated, the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board has exclusive jurisdiction in most cases - meaning you cannot file a complaint in civil court to sue your husband's company. Instead, your husband would need to file an application with the Appeals Board. This can be done on your own but an experienced work comp attorney would be very better in order to obtain the best results. You can find a applicant's attorney nearest you at

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Probation violation hearing

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Robert Lee Marshall
    2. Tola Ty Yang
    2 lawyer answers

    The reason that your probation is being violated is because part of the terms of your probation is "to obey all laws." The probation officer who handles your case gets updates from law enforcement when you get arrested. Usually the arresting officer would contact your probation officer after he/she made the arrest and inform your probation officer, who then files the violation to see if the DA's office will file charges. If this new arrest was the only basis for your violation, and it seems...