Christopher Robert Blevins’s Answers

Christopher Robert Blevins

Litigation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 4
  1. Is Bank negligent for acting on Authorization to Opt out modification without confirming if fax genuine from borrower 4 security

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Christopher Robert Blevins
    2. Richard Ivar Rydstrom
    2 lawyer answers

    Many courts in California hold that Banks do not owe their customers a negligence duty when they are acting in their traditional role as a lender. This has been extended to banks and loan servicers in the context of loan modifications. Not all courts will follow this line of case law, and certain circumstances may create a negligence duty. Whether his daughter was authorized to act on his behalf regarding the account and whether the forged authorization was so obvious that it should have...

  2. I'm the owner of a home, I hire a property manager. Can I sue them for breach of contract?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Sandeep Gopal Agarwal
    2. Jonathan Dean Bishop
    3. Nicholas Basil Spirtos
    4. Christopher Robert Blevins
    4 lawyer answers

    I agree with my colleagues on this issue. Another issue to mention is that breach of contract may not be the only cause of action you would want to pursue against the property manager. You should consult an attorney to determine if you should also bring claims for fraud or violation of California's Business and Professions Code section 17200. Best of luck and thank you for your service.

  3. Ex husband purchased hour prior to use getting married. After we filed for divorce house went into foreclosure.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Tobie Brina Waxman
    2. Linda Calderon Garrett
    3. Christopher Robert Blevins
    3 lawyer answers

    I agree with my colleagues, this sounds like nothing more than a meritless threat. He cannot legally do this. Even if the Court orders you responsible for the debts, it should not start appearing on your credit report. The credit card and mortgage companies are not bound by the terms of your divorce decree or a family court order assigning the debt to you or your spouse. This is because when your husband obtained the credit card, he entered into a contract with them. A family court judge...

  4. What happens if I send in my original and accurate credit information to the credit bureaus?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Rochelle N Belnap
    2. Mikalah Liviakis
    3. Christopher Robert Blevins
    3 lawyer answers

    The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and California's Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies Act (CCRAA) required the furnisher of credit information, in this instance the collection agency, to make a reasonable investigation regarding your credit reporting dispute. If you do send them additional supporting documents, these should be reviewed and analyzed in conjunction with your dispute. If the documents support your dispute, they should be removed by whomever is reporting your information to...