Marianne Hoisan Man’s Answers

Marianne Hoisan Man

Newport Beach Tax Lawyer.

Contributor Level 3
  1. My estranged spouse electronically filed a tax return using married filing jointly with full knowledge that I did not agree

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Andreas F. Zybell
    2. Marianne Hoisan Man
    3. Christopher Michael Larson
    3 lawyer answers

    The most prudent thing to do is to file your own return as the IRS recommended, which will probably trigger an investigation of both returns.

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Friend filed my taxes and deposited my money into her mothers account

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Steven Alan Fink
    2. Edward Jacob Sternisha
    3. Marianne Hoisan Man
    4. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr
    5. J David Hopkins
    5 lawyer answers

    Report the issue to the IRS and the applicable state taxing authorities immediately. The IRS and state taxing authority will probably request that you file your own tax return if you did not sign the tax returns that your friend filed. Criminal tax matters will also taken care of by the government if they decide to pursue criminal action against your friend for fraudulently filing a tax return on your behalf and absconding with your refund check.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer