A San Diego Super Lawyers - Rising Star recipient and trial attorney with the highest possible “AV” rating by Martindale’s nationwide attorney peer and client review rating system, I have a practical educational background and a diverse variety of legal experience in insurance defense, construction defect, business litigation, real estate litigation, construction law, general liability litigation, and business and real estate transactional matters. I have had has had a tremendous amount of success representing a diverse group of clients, from a Fortune 500 company to individuals, residential and commercial real estate developers, various limited liability companies, commercial wholesale insurance brokers, small business owners, general contractors and large and small subcontractors both as litigation counsel and as former General Counsel of a real estate holding company with commercial retail properties, resorts, golf courses, etc. located throughout Southern California. My current and recent practice includes representation of commercial wholesale insurance brokers, general contractors, and subcontractors. Examples of representation in litigation matters include:
- Defense of a general contractor on a four building mixed use commercial project involving four different architects, public and private components and approximately 60 different trades, which resulted in a favorable settlement to general contractor short of trial.
- Defense of a family trust on a wrongful death suit, which resulted in dismissal of the matter.
- Defense of a personal injury matter concerning lead exposure and lead poisoning in a child in a rental property.
- Defense of personal injury matters concerning slip and falls, trucking accidents, etc.
- Representation of a commercial wholesale insurance broker in a secondary wholesale transaction against fraud and negligent misrepresentation claims.
- Defense of a real estate and mortgage company in a personal injury suit involving claims based upon theories of premises liability.
- Representation of subcontractors against construction defect claims in residential properties.
- Defense of a $25 million dollar breach of secured real estate transaction matter involving personal guarantees, foreclosure and appointment of receiver.
- Defense of a real property boundary dispute which resulted in a stipulated judgment quieting title in favor of my client, the defense, via agreed boundary doctrine.