My legal practice is dedicated to maximizing the value and security of my clients' intellectual property. I work closely with a wide-range of clients from large corporations to start-up companies and entrepreneurs across a range of industries to:
• formulate and implement intellectual property development and protection strategies that are tailored to each client's stage of development and business objectives;
• litigate patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and related cases on behalf of clients before federal courts, state courts, administrative bodies, and arbitration associations;
• draft and prosecute patent applications;
• perform trademark selection and registration;
• assess intellectual property portfolios;
• evaluate technology licenses;
• carry out patent reexamination and patent appeal initiatives;
• conduct due diligence; and
• advise clients on the rapidly developing law of the Internet.
I have worked with various technologies relating to telecommunications, the Internet, medical devices, optics, data compression, network architectures, circuit design, robotics, clean technology, MEMS technology, fluidic devices, consumer electronics, computer software and hardware, predictive mathematical models and mechanical devices.
I’m a member of the State Bar of California and admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, and before the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
Licensed since 2009
Hourly ($200-280/hour), Fixed (Sometimes), Retainer (Sometimes)
Check, Credit Card
|Partner||Pendergrass & Tietsworth LLP||2012 - Present|
|Partner, Intellectual Property Attorney||Walker Pendergrass & Tietsworth LLP||2011 - 2012|
|Patent Attorney and Patent Agent||Cooley LLP (Cooley Godward LLP)||2005 - 2011|
|Patent Examiner||United States Patent & Trademark Office||2004 - 2005|
|Association Name||Position Name||Duration|
|San Diego County Bar Association||N/A||N/A|
|GABRIEL TECHNOLOGIES and TRACE TECHNOLOGIES, v. QUALCOMM INC., SNAPTRACK, INC. and NORMAN KRASNER||Judge extinguished what was left of a $1 billion fraud and trade secrets case in 2012.|
|Univ Of San Diego Sol||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2008|
|Univ Of Washington||Electrical Engineering||BS - Bachelor of Science||2003|